Friday, October 21, 2022

Do you even care?

4.26 AM, On the sofa...

This post is not to aim my boss or anything. It just that I feel disturb somehow and I need to let it out. Okay I don't want this post to be so long so let's make it quick 

Recently, this past few weeks (or months?) I noticed that my boss suddenly turn cold shoulder towards me. Okay, maybe he just not a friendly person but I never see him ignore anyone like he ignore me. Did I'm the one who's wrong? I can't help but to be bother by this or maybe it can lead me to stress!

On top of that, somehow he didn't seem to care of my needs as his employee. I'm not a prominent staff like others in the office I know and he's not totally disregard me too. If I state my problem to him, he do suggested me alternatives but it's more like, "I gave you solution and if you cannot take it, that's it." kind of thing.

First, I told him last time that I want to work from home for a week because I want to take a break from commute to work (After a lot of consideration and thoughts). I really half-dying due to traffic jam, and I really need that break! I really do. That's not the first time I told him about the worst traffic jam I need to face everyday, plus he acknowledged that situation and fully aware. Imagine to face traffic jam for 3 hours everyday. I was exhausted, energy drain, mentally breakdown and what I need is to take a break. 

He said that I cannot work from home for a week, just take one day. He also said that maybe I should come to office earlier as that is one of my officemate is doing to avoid jam. Come to office 1 hour earlier. If he knows better, come to office earlier will not solve the problem. Traffic will remain jam it doesn't matter if it was early or later, as long as it's peak hours, road will remain busy. Nothing could change. So I just respond to him, "I will think about that again since it will not be easy to adjust." Probably that's my problem. I can't stand on my point to make it valid and then he just assume everything's okay with me. *sigh

To be fair, I CAN work from home it doesn't matter because in fact all my jobs can be easily done using laptop. No collaboration needed (maybe small2 one) because usually my existence in the office feel like non-existent so I don't understand the need of me to be in the office. Especially when my boss choose to exclude me from his list of existence people, I don't understand why he wants me to be in the office. Therefore, my positive mind took that as, "Maybe he wants me to assist the team if they need my help since I know business process better. Plus he may want to be fair for other employees too. It must be uncomfortable to give me that privilege." I do have positive thinking.

But the problem is he allowed other staff to work from home for a week but not me. It was just—so unfair. Others can but why not me?


No comments:

Post a Comment